Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Linear Writings



I have a couple of new articles around the place you may be interested in. Firstly, over at Games on Net, I have devoted my latest "You Know What I Love?" column to the Modern Warfare series. It's... a complicated kind of love. This is as close as I will get to a response to John Walker's response to my response to his review. Also, did you see Jim Sterling threw a hat into that particular ring, too? He says a lot of things I agree with.

Secondly, I wrote a piece for Paste about a very memorable choice in Ico that, really, wasn't a choice at all but that doesn't matter.

I'm pretty happy with how both of these turned out, and they have a lot more in common than I realised they did when I first started thinking about them both. In each I am essentially arguing for that same old thing I'm always arguing: for videogame criticism to stop putting so much onus on the player and instead look at the interrelationships of acting and being acted upon present in all games.

So hopefully I've said something interesting about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The website which is best suited for playing online games over playstation free psn card codes and also redeem free psn codes and that too in unlimited amount, visit free psn codes and get psn gift card and many more offers.

Unknown said...


كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض جهاز كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض


نقل عفش داخل جدة نقل عفش داخل جدة
دينا نقل عفش جدة دينا نقل عفش جدة
افضل نقل عفش من جدة الى الرياض افضل نقل عفش من جدة الى الرياض